10 Modern Baby Girl Names With Meanings
Congratulations, it’s a girl! Ever since you’ve heard this from the sonographer of the gender scan clinic, you might be hunting for the best names for your lovely girl. A gender scan allows you to determine your unborn’s sex way before his or her birth. There are many 4D baby scan clinics in Peterborough as well that offer gender scan in many of their packages. If you still haven’t considered going for a gender scan, do consider it and visit the best ultrasound baby scan clinic now.
- Grace: The name is derived from the Latin word, “gratia”, which means gratefulness and god’s favor. Grace means elegance, courtesy, and charm. In Bible, it means the divine’s love and mercy towards mankind. We often say terms like “by the grace of God” or by “God’s grace” to pay our gratitude to the divine’s unconditional love bestowed upon us.
- Christine: Pronounced as “kris-TEEN”, a Latin or Greek originated name which means follower of Christ. The name is derived from the word Christ itself, so the name also means female Christian.
- Megan: Pronounced as Mey-GAHN and a short form of the name Margaret, is a name originated from Welsh. Megan means pearl and strong and competent in Anglo-Saxon.
- Zoe: Pronounced as Zo-ee, the name Zoe is originally from the Greek scriptures meaning life. The name sounds modern and it means " life” itself.
- Britney: Pronounced as Brit-nee, the name is derived from the name of the French peninsula Brittany. Also, how can we forget Britney Spears, the queen of pop, the one behind making the name so popular.
- Lexi: Pronounced as LEHK-see, the name is the diminutive of the name Alexandra, the feminine version of Alexander, which means defender of man. The name is short and trendy at the same time.
- Chloe: Pronounced as KLOH-ee, Chloe is another moniker for the Greek fertility goddess, Demeter. The name Chloe is also mentioned in the New Testament “blooming shoot of a plant”. The name is also written as Chloé in French and Khloe thanks to Khloe Kardashian.
- Shirley: Pronounced as SHUR-lee, the name is from English origin meaning bright country meadow. The name is also made popular by Charlotte Bronte, a Victorian novelist, in her novel Shirley.
- Adele: Pronounced as ah-DEHL, this name originates from the German word “Adel” which means noble and in French it becomes Adèle. Adele means nobility and it was also the name of the daughter of William the Conqueror. Also, Adele is a famous American singer.
- Faye: The one-syllable name Faye is pronounced as FAY and it means fairy in English. Faye is a French origin name which stands for loyalty and faith.
So, the list finally comes to an end for now. Choose the best name for your daughter from this list. Also, get monthly ultrasound appointments from an ultrasound baby scanning services provider.